1. Participants must be at least 4’ 6” tall.
2. All drivers over 18 are required to sign a full release and waiver of liability of possible injury and must present a valid driver’s license upon request. Drivers under 18 must have a signed consent form and waiver from a parent or guardian. Any driver under 18 must present a valid driver’s license or learner’s permit before racing at adult speeds. MCIK commits to educate customers with respect to the safety measures we have in place, such as: requirements to wear seat belts, helmets, and closed-toe shoes; the requirement to tuck long hair or ponytails into the back of your shirt; monitoring and expelling drivers aggressive to others; and the investment we’ve made in multiple track attendants (note: this is not an all-inclusive list). It is the job and responsibility of all MCIK employees and track attendants to ensure that all of our customers enjoy the thrill and excitement of racing at our facility while taking every step to ensure that all safety measures are taken. MCIK expects that our customers will follow our rules and regulations, pay attention to flags, and not drive aggressively or beyond the level of their ability. Abiding by these rules minimizes the chances of accidents.
3. Music City Indoor Karting Inc. has a zero tolerance policy for driving under the influence of alcohol. Anyone the attendants feel are under the influence must agree to a breathalyzer test.
4. Teams/Drivers will not be permitted to participate in any part of an event if they fail to register.
5. All drivers must attend a full safety briefing prior to racing.
6. Karting is strictly a non-contact sport. No bumping allowed. Anyone found to be bumping will be penalized without a refund as follows: 1st Offense—Will be removed from the track for the duration of the race, 2nd Offense–Will be removed from track for the day, 3rd Offense–Will be banned permanently from the facility
7. Drivers receiving a warning should acknowledge that you have received the warning so that the track attendant knows you are paying attention and that you understand what you did wrong. Please remember that warnings are given only to ensure the safety of both you and other drivers. Warnings are not fun for us either! Please do not respond aggressively or abusively as this will only lead to expulsion from the facility.
8. Any driver ignoring or disobeying signals from track attendants will be removed from the track.
9. Any damage, accidental or not, ends the session (without a refund) for the individual driver.
10. Misuse of karts or dangerous driving ends the session (without a refund) for the individual driver.
11. Obey track attendants and flags at all times: Black Flag – Return to the pit. Blue Flag – There is a faster driver behind you; move over and allow them to pass. Yellow Flag – Caution on the track; Slow down and be prepared to stop; There is no passing under the yellow flag. Checkered Flag: Finish Flag—The race is over; proceed to the pit entrance.
12. Stay in your kart and keep your hands on the wheel at all times. In the event of hitting barriers, remain in your kart, keep your hands on the steering wheel and wait for a track attendant. Under no circumstances should you attempt to get out of kart or push yourself away from the barriers with either your hands or feet.
13. In the event of a 1/2 spin (180 degrees), do not drive against traffic.
14. Helmets must be securely fastened and worn at all times.
15. Damage to karts which arise from contact with another kart or object will not entitle you to another kart irrespective of who caused the damage.
16. Enter the pits slowly at all times.
17. Do not enter the karts until you have received a safety briefing.
18. No stopping on the track at any time unless instructed by a track attendant.
19. Remove watches, jewelry, and loose items from pockets as they can be lost on the track. Secure or remove loose clothing (such as removing scarves).
20. Drivers must wear closed toe shoes or they will not be allowed on the track. Flip flops, sandals, slippers, backless clogs or high heel shoes are not permitted.
21. When in the pit area and on the track you must obey all safety briefing instructions and obey all verbal and signaled commands given by an attendant.
22. No profanity. Anyone who uses profanity will be escorted out. No refunds will be given.
23. Drivers with long hair must both tie it back and tuck it in.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS/MEDICAL DISCLAIMER
Normal operation of the kart ride may be hazardous to people with the following conditions: